So...it's well known that the Big 5 personality traits are the best current descriptor of personality. What may be less well known is that there are 2 meta-traits that map fairly well to the Big 5.
Stability (vs. Instability) and Plasticity (vs. Rigidity): A popular treatment of the topic shows up here.
Mostly, stability means: Impulse control. Plasticity means: tries new stuff.
Very interesting stuff.
1. Tried to stop using alcohol or other drugs. (-.29)
2. Drank alcohol or used other drugs to make myself feel better. (-.29)
3. Swore around other people. (-.27)
4. Hung up the phone on a friend or relative during an argument (-.27)
5. Lost my temper (-.26)
6. Spent an hour at a time daydreaming. (-.26)
7. Yelled at a stranger (-.25)
8. Rode a motocycle. (-.24)
9. Awakened in the middle of the night and was unable to get back to sleep (-.24)
10. Became intoxicated. (-.23)
Never done 1,2,7
Done some things only in the distant past: 6, 8, 9, 10
Done other things only rarely: 3,4,5
I expect I'm in the bottom 5% of people on everything but #3 and historically, 8.
1. Was consulted for help or advice by someone with a personal problem (+.33)
2. Planned a party. (+.31)
3. Attended a public lecture. (+.30)
4. Told a joke. (+.28)
5. Gave a prepared talk or public recital (vocal, instrumental, etc.). (+.28)
6. Spent an hour at a time daydreaming. (+.26)
7. Wrote a thank you note. (+.26)
8. Wrote a love letter. (+.26)
9. Attended a city council meeting. (+.25)
10. Entertained six or more people. (+.24)
Used to do 1,3,8 frequently
Still do 4, 5 very often (I'm a teacher-type).
Enjoy doing 2,3,10, but don't have many chances to.
7 is not terribly common, but I do it sometimes for authors whose books I particularly like.