- Paleo diet essentially means either:
- Nothing you couldn't hunt/forage 100,000 years ago. That means no to:
- Processed food (A friend says "No Plastic" -- twinkies, corn syrup)
- Grains (bread, rice, pasta).
- An alternate formulation says: get 90+% of your calories from
- There's a dispute over how hard-core to be
- some folks find perfect adherence best.
- Others find 1-2 meals a week to indulge better
- The rest of the diet varies substantially
- Pro- or Con- on Milk (I've got a thing for fermented milk, especially), but weak allergy to non-fermented milk.
- Potatoes (& Yams) -- Seems like some folks do great with, but many folks avoid.
- High Glycemic Index Fruits -- Bananas, etc. have differing opinions.
- Frequency of eggs, honey.
- Everyone I've read who's gone hard paleo- dropped weight at a 1 lb a week rate until they were back to youthful thin. Also, once started [1st month], I've heard that it's a tremendously easy diet to stay with.
The virtue of excellence
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
So...I've done a semi-intense observation of the paleo- health literature over the last few days. Summary:
Posted by Aretae at 8:50 AM