- Cato points out that centralization has hurt school standards. And of course we should expect that to continue.
- The Water Cooler explains public unions (not for the faint of heart, or California taxpayers)
- PajamasMedia explains credentialism.
- Tyler Cowen on quality of steak.
- Falkenstein joins the Krugman-explainers with this:
So, people don't agree with Krugman on something, which means they can't be listening! If they listened, they would hear the truth, come around to his way of thinking, and [...]
So, Paul, remember not to take offense, no intellectuals convince people to choose certain policies, rather, they help people rationalize their prejudices.
- Matt Ridley hits Daniel Ben-Ami's new book about growth&prosperity. It's on my list.
- My wife sends me this fabulous valedictorian speech.
- Robin continues his roll. The smartest folks are the ones who ask the best questions...not necessarily the ones who answer them. Robin is still winning.
- Instapundit sends us to Ron Bailey, reminding us just how much of environmental catastrophe is government's fault.
The virtue of excellence
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Posted by Aretae at 12:30 PM