- Roger Kimball brings devastating numbers on health care. 5 year cancer survival rates:
- Sumner points at actual costs of bailouts: TARP made a profit, Fannie/Freddie/FDIC are hideously expensive.
- Russ Roberts talks about governments crowding out private activity.
- Democracy in America talks about how good Middlemen are. People smugglers. "Coyotes"
- Entrepreneur as hero.
- Tremendously impressive post on what makes for good government. This violates your preconceptions if you have any 1-dimensional position.
- Kling on making money as an academic:
if you do want to prostitute yourself, then my advice is to join the left, not the right. The left is where you are more likely to get tenure and really large research
- Tyler Cowen on Incentives in NY.
The virtue of excellence