- Trade restrictions
- Government regulation of industries which prevent low-cost new entrants. Finance, Education, Law, and Medicine are especially bad here.
- Intellectual property law.
1. The huge rise in occupational licensing.
2. The huge rise in people incarcerated in the war on drugs, and also the scandalous reluctance of doctors to prescribe adequate pain medication (also due to the war on drugs.)
3. The need for more legal immigration.
4. The need to replace taxes on capital with progressive consumption taxes.
5. Local zoning rules that prevent dense development.
6. Tax exemptions for mortgage interest and health insurance
In this larger context, I think that his #1 should include the FDA, financial regulation and such. Not just occupational licensing, but the HUGE mass of regulation that prevents folks (in medicine, finance, law, education, etc.) from trying new things.