- The state's budgets is busted
- The problem is increased spending.
- ALL (+/- 5%) of an average state's budget is employee compensation.
- Benefits cost the state more than salary compensation.
- Public employee benefits are the primary problem facing state government finances.
- Unions are the primary fundraising arm of the Democratic party
- Public employees are unionized at a rate of 4-5x that of private employees.
- Public unions get automatic paycheck-withdrawals from public employees.
- Damaging unions and their automatic paycheck withdrawal from public unions may well destroy the finances of the Democratic party.
So...how do we evaluate Governor Walker? Shrewd political operator? Heroic accounting realist?
(from a conversation with my dad)