- Science: Hypothesize, attempt to disconfirm hypothesis, succeed, new hypothesis, repeat 352 times, finally find hypothesis that we fail to disconfirm.
- Rhetoric/Law: Decide which conclusion you wish to pursue. Search for evidence that supports your conclusion. Look further for evidence that devalues the opposing evidence.
- Which way does normal human cognition work?
- Which way do your rhetorical opponents usually work?
- Which way do your rhetorical compatriots usually work?
- Which way do scientists usually work?
- Which way do YOU usually work?
If you answered (A) to ANY of the above questions, consider trying again.
UPDATE (Organization above, and this):
If you feel particularly generous, you MIGHT opt to believe (mostly on wishful thinking) that on questions 4&5 there is some initial science before the shift to rhetoric.