- I favor nearly complete freedom of movement. If Juan wants to visit the US, cool.
- I favor nearly complete freedom of contract (duration-limited, inalienable rights). If Juan wants to trade his labor for my $, or his $ for my labor in the US, cool.
- I favor dropping the soil option for American citizenship. If Juanita has a baby at an American Hospital, so what.
- I favor a total taxes paid citizenship requirement. If Juan works for 25 years at $40K/y, and pays $250K in taxes, he gets citizenship/voting.
- I considered, but am leaning mildly against applying #4 to voting rights for all citizens (pseudo-Heinlein option). If Bertie Wilberforce Wooster III is a citizen, that does not mean that his son, BWW IV can vote, unless he also works and pays taxes.
- I favor placing citizenship requirements on welfare/free services. Juan Jr., as a non-citizen, doesn't get to use the schools unless his parent pays for them. I suppose we'd have to relax compulsory attendance rules...how sad.
The virtue of excellence