What possible rationale can a liberal give for opposing relatively unbridled capitalism?
- They're really conservative, and they'd rather things just stay the way they are. Capitalism changes stuff fast, and unpredictably, and that's not cool.
- They don't understand that capitalism creates wealth, and is thus better for the poor than anything else.
- They want status to accrue to their people, not to the (gauche) folks who make stuff.
- They misunderstand governments relationship to corporations...they think that governments sometimes weaken the dangerous big corporations, rather that ALWAYS strengthening them.
- They want to be the boss, and tell folks what is good for them, just like the conservatives do...though they disagree about what is good.
- They misunderstand wealth as fixed, rather than created entirely by mostly disruptive innovation.