Of course, as per my recent talking-past point...this is primarily an emphasis point, NOT a truth point. What matters is the issue at stake.
In politics, there are 4 distinct positions:
Liberals, Conservatives, Libertarians, and Insiders(only marginally part of any other group).
- The honest liberals want to protect the weak, and find libertarian and conservative ideals indistiguishable for their lack of protection of the weak.
- The honest conservatives want to preserve the good we have now, and find liberal and libertarian ideals indistinguishable for their lack of preservation of the current good.
- The honest libertarians want to enhance liberty, and find liberal and conservative ideals indistinguishable for their lack of freedom.
Affirmative action, White supremacy(Should I say cultural isolationist?), Anti racism.
- Affirmative action supporters (if white) want to keep the playing field fair, because there are massive semi-invisible advantages to the whites, that unfairly burden non-whites. Anti-racists and white supremacists are indistinguishable because they both want to abolish the fairness of the field.
- White supremacists (if white) want their folks (kin, kids, and co-ethnics) and preferences to win. Anti-racists and Affirmative action supporters are indistinguishable because they both result in their folks losing out.
- Non-white affirmative action supporters are all but identical to white supremacists.
- Anti-racists want the government to GTFO of the race business, because the race business is evil. Affirmative Action supporters and white supremacists are indistinguishable because they all want the government in the race business.