- Conservatives...friends of liberty.??!
- Medical studies aren't reliable. My comment over theresays that by backwards Bayesian analysis, this suggests that the real chance of finding a correct correlation is close to 1 in 500...which means that there will be more studies that are false, but successfully replicated than true studies, assuming p=0.05.
- Fabulous history of libertarianism...covering especially the history from Locke to WWII...when libertarianism was firmly a part of liberalism...before Rand and Rothbard redefined things in the post-war era.
- Ikea channels Moldbug.
- Caplan, then Wilson on marriage as comparable to voluntary military service. I think that finite duration terms, as per Hebrew debt-annulment after 7 years is an important aspect that's underappreciated. You are not, at 20, capable of understanding who you will be at 40...and likely that's also true 20 years later. A limitation on the ability of people to make decisions that are bad for themselves sounds preferable to a lack of said limitation.
- Mungowitz on Stand Your Ground. Someone else smart on my blogroll read it, and said Munger's wrong...and I liked that better...but I can't find it.
The virtue of excellence